The first lot of new internal doors arrived this morning and apparently the carpenter is going to spend all day tomorrow fitting them. And we're having skirting boards in two of the bedrooms. Not that that was particularly high on my list of priorities, but it seems our builder has been delayed on another job and thought he'd do us a favour if at least we saw some progress on other fronts.
Tim and Corinne might be rocking up to give us a hand again on Saturday and, while I can't think of anything nicer, I am slightly apprehensive, as it'll become very apparent just how little progress we have made since they were last here. All I can say is: sick children. I really don't know how on earth to get on to wallpaper stripping and hole filling with a baby and a toddler who both seem glued to my hips.
In other news: our new road is really growing on me. Not only have we now met several of our neighbours and all of them without exception have heartily welcomed us to the neighbourhood. No, we also have just discovered an alleyway leading from almost opposite our house to a football-field-cum-mini-playgr

No comments:
Post a Comment