Friday, 17 May 2013

Caravan Diary, Day 13

 Day 13, the lowdown:

- new door bells procured: zero
- loads of washing done and dried: two and a half (thank you so much T&C for letting us use your house as a launderette!! We shall endeavour to finally plumb in our own washing machine this weekend!)
- bird feeders filled and hung up: three
- new doors fitted (NOT by myself!): four

I am slightly tipsy writing this. In fact, both Hendrik and I are ever so slightly tipsy. I just learnt that that is by far the most pleasant state to be in while stripping wallpaper. Such a shame we had to stop so as not to annoy the neighbours at this hour. I could have gone on for hours without realising what a mindless task it is...

In other news, the previous owners have agreed to send someone to clear the loft and garage. Success! And Willem was back at nursery today which means my sanity has had a chance to recover. Only one child on hip for most of today. Very relaxing! (You guys must be beginning to think I am one of these Earth Mother types who are glued to their children 24/7. NOT THE CASE! The only reason I am carrying children around a lot of the day rather than letting them get on with their stuff on the floor is that there is no floor in large stretches of the house. Many of the floorboards are up or at least loose for Dave to do his wiring thing, and there are nails and screws EVERYWHERE which means that there just isn't anywhere safe for the kiddos to play. And as some of you may dimly remember I already have one tick against me with Social Services. I really don't fancy another conversation of 'that kind' with the Health Visitor...)

No comments:

Post a Comment